Saturday, December 29, 2012

Terri

I have been doing a lot of reflecting on family lately. It is hard to believe that from humble beginnings back in 1979 we have grown to a family of 18. It is so exciting to have them all in the house as we celebrate Christmas today. It really is amazing to watch the Grandchildren as they enjoy the company of their cousins. I know I don't always show it but it brings so much joy to me.

As I think about that I think back to where it all started. I remember the night we met. Brian thought we would be a good match so he invited you up to Dad's station to meet me. I believe we were installing headers on his 69 Camaro.

I remember looking up and there you were. Absolutely beautiful.... I am not sure I remember what we talked about but I sensed something that night that I could not explain.

I never really liked Mexican food but I started making a number of trips to Zantigos. I remember ordering a hot dog the first time. I just know it was worth the trip just to see you.

Then came that day when I asked you to marry me. (I still feel bad about how I did that. You deserved better! I am sorry for that!) I thank God that you said yes even in spite of that.

I think about our wedding vows. For better or worse! I am better because of you. For richer or poorer! It really does not matter as long as I am with you. In sickness and health! I would give anything to take away your pain. 

You have blessed me more than you will ever know. I thank God for placing you in my life.

I am so looking forward to the rest of our years together.

I love you!

Mark

Till next time...

    

No comments:

Post a Comment