Sunday, April 21, 2013

Rob

Today I say goodbye to a great friend. Although it is not a complete goodbye. Rob's spirit will live with me for along time. I know I will see Rob again in heaven.

I met Rob back in 2001. I walked into a Wednesday night men's group that he was leading. One night he introduced me to the group as his co-lead for the group. He never asked me or talked about it with me. He just put it out there as a matter of fact. I think I was too stunned to say anything so of course he took that as a yes. I am not sure what possessed him to do that. All I can say is that I am glad he did.

I can remember many Wednesday night's giving him a ride home after group. We would sit in the driveway and talk. Talk about anything, meaningful talks and sometimes just nonsense. OK, maybe more than sometimes. They were all good!

I was honored to spend some time with Rob and his family this last week. The thing that struck me was there was not one person who did not KNOW that Rob loved them. Not a shred of doubt about that. You see, he not only told them but he showed it. He knew how to love and he knew how to say it. Maybe that was because he loved Jesus with all of his heart.

Rob was an encourager, he lifted people up with his words. I really think Rob had figured out how to live life from the heart. He was genuine and unashamed.

I know I am a better man because of the impact Rob has had on my life.

I am going to miss you Rob. I have been blessed beyond measure by your friendship.    

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment