Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Grandma Rene

Grandma Rene went home to be with the Lord last week Monday. She was 97.

Rene was Terri's Grandmother. Many years ago Rene accepted me right into the family. She always made me feel welcome and a part of the family.

So many memories. She loved to talk baseball. She was a Brewers fan and I was a White Sox fan. That created some lively debates. We agreed on one thing in baseball. Neither one of us were Reggie Jackson fans. She would always say "he makes me so mad I could just spit"

She came to visit and help when each of our children were born. What a huge blessing that was.

She taught us how to can, make salsa, and the like. We had a mulberry tree in our front yard. I could not stand the mess it made in the yard. One day I came home to some homemade mulberry jam. I liked that tree after that.

I had heard that she was very good at the polka. I was blessed to watch her dance at the nursing home a few years ago. Still as smooth and graceful as ever.

She loved the marble game aggravation. She always had to have the white marbles and had a unique ability to roll box cars. She would play that game for hours. Of course so did we and we loved it.

We would always stop by the nursing home to see her on our way out of town. I really missed making that stop this time.

We are going to miss you Grandma but someday soon we will see you again. Wonder what it will be like to play marbles in heaven? Can't wait!

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment