Monday, June 11, 2012

Job

The book of Job has still got me thinking. There is so much there that I feel like I barely understand.

Satan hanging out with the angels. Is this just Job's words or is it true that Satan has to be allowed by God to attack us? If so why does God allow Satan to attack a righteous man like Job? Isn't that what God wants from us?

How about Job's 3 friends. They did really great till they opened their mouths. They reasoned that Job had to have sinned to have this much trouble. Yet they spoke without having all of the details. Kind of makes me think of the people who say you have a disease or illness because you have sin in your life. Sure doesn't seem like that is always the case if you read Job. But, what do I know. 

I wonder how often I offer advice without knowing all of the details? Probably more than I care to admit.  

Anyways, Job maintains his righteousness all the way thru. Chapter 38 was brought to my attention by a good friend. I love verse 3, God is now speaking to Job. "Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me."

Then God proceeds to ask Job some questions that certainly put into perspective who I am and who God is.

Till next time...

2 comments:

  1. Nice, Mark. Continue to dig deep into God's Word...God will reveal to you the heart of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, Mark. Keep digging into God's Word. He will reveal his truth to you.

    ReplyDelete