Sunday, July 1, 2012

B90X Day 48

As I told you in the last post I am going back and reviewing some of the earlier days readings.

Todays reading was Ecclesiastes 3:1 through Song of Songs 8:14.

Sorry guys, I am not going to write about Song of Songs. At least not in this post. I want to talk about Ecclesiastes.

Here is Solomon the wisest man around, loaded with wealth and everything a man could ever desire, talking about how meaningless it all is. If this is the case why do we men spend so much time effort and energy working for advancement? Why do we have to have the nice boat, or nice new car? The nicest house or the best landscaped place in the neighborhood?

Let me ask a question. What is the response you get when you ask another man how thing's are going?
  1. The highly descriptive answer, "Fine" or "Good"
  2. Oh man, work is just crazy right now. It's just too busy.
  3. My wife____ I will stay away from this one.
When was the last time the response was "Let me tell you what God is doing in my life!"

I don't think Solomon is saying that these things are bad. Chapter 5:18-20 says we should find satisfaction in our toil. We should enjoy our possessions and wealth. This is a gift from God.

Apart from God though all these things are meaningless.

Till next time... 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment