Sunday, July 1, 2012

#B90X Day 49

The reading moves into Isaiah, considered to be the greatest Old Testament prophet. Somebody mentioned to me the other day that there are 3 key areas a man needs to be to lead his family. They were Prophet, King, and Priest.

Prophet was the one that really caught my attention. Not that I fully understand the other 2 but what is a prophet. A prophet's role is to speak for God. To confront and challenge people with God's commands and promises.

As I read Isaiah, Jeremiah, and now Ezekiel I wonder why anyone would want to be a prophet. It sure seems like there is a lot of doom and gloom being foretold. It kind of reminds me of the street corner preacher who is preaching nothing but hell and damnation. Who wants to be that guy? It does not seem to be the way to win friends.

Ahh, but that is not what this is about is it? Winning friends.

Isaiah 6:8 "Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? and who will go for us? And I said, "Here am I. send me"

Did you catch that word "us"? God and Isaiah, us.

The more I think about this prophet thing I realize it is about hope. It is a warning, an opportunity to change direction before the consequences become severe. It is the call we are getting from God to turn back to him.

You know, I am OK with being a prophet in my family. Here am I Lord, send me!

How about you guys? Are you willing to join me?

Till next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment