Thursday, July 5, 2012

#B90X DAY 54

On day 54 we moved into the book of Jeremiah.

For 40 years Jeremiah was God's spokesman to Judah. For 40 years the people of Judah did not listen or respond. Not exactly E.F. Hutton I guess.

Here are some other highlights of his career.
  • he was thrown in prison
  • he was thrown into a cistern
  • he was taken to Eygpt against his will
  • rejected by his neighbors, his family, the false prophets, his audience, friends, and the kings.
  • He was poor
How do you do that? 40 years with no one listening. No one changing their ways. Could you do that? 

What prophets are speaking into your life right now, but you are ignoring because you do not like the message?

Oh, I almost forgot the most important highlight.

God loved Jeremiah. Why? He was true to his calling. He persevered through it all.

Jeremiah 1:4-5 The word of the Lord came to me, saying, 5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."

Are you fulfilling God's calling on your life? I ask this of myself as well.

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment