Thursday, May 3, 2012

B90X Day 3

One more day guys and we are done with Genesis. I got to say I am really enjoying the reading. Hope  you are too.

I just want to encourage all of you to press on.... We may be reading fast but I believe that God's word is going to fill your heart. It will be really cool to see how that manifests itself in your life....

What is the deal with Jacob? He has quite the story. Way too much to talk about here. But I do find Genesis chapter 32 interesting. Vs.24 Jacob wrestled with a man till daybreak. 25, the man could not overpower him so he touched the socket of Jacob's hip so that it was wrenched. 26, the man said let me go and Jacob says not until you bless me. 28, here we go again with a new name. Jacob is now Israel. Why? Because he had struggled with God and men and had overcome.

Was it really God that Jacob wrestled with? How does this relate to you or me, today?

I hate to say it but my wrestling or negotiating with God tends to be self centered not God centered.

How about you?

Till next time... 

1 comment:

  1. Wonder what new name God would give me if I wrestled with Him...

    ReplyDelete