Friday, May 11, 2012

First Chance

Moses sends the 12 spies into Canaan to explore the land. They were to gather intelligence. So for 40 days they explore this land. Yes, it does flow with milk and honey is the report. 10 of the spies though talked about how powerful the people were. and their cities were fortified and very large.

Caleb has no fear, his report says they can take them. Then in Numbers 14 Joshua and Caleb said to not be afraid of the people. The Lord is with us...We will swallow them up.

Yesterday I talked about God sized dreams. Seeking opportunities that are bigger than us. I bet God has already spoke those dreams into many of you. so I got to ask here, Who are you listening to? The ones who let fear guide their lives? The one who does not want to see you succeed? The one who is playing on your own fears? The "it can't be done crowd?"

Or are you listening to Caleb and Joshua? The ones who recognize that God is on their side and with him ALL things are possible.

How many times did God promise this land to them? How many miracles did he perform? How many plagues did he bring on Pharoah? They witnessed all of this and yet still did not trust him to give them the land he promised. They blew their first chance at the Promised land.

You might say, no big deal, they got there eventually. Well they lost 40 years. 1 year for every day the spies were in Canaan. Those who disobeyed did not get to the Promised land at all. Moses did not make it. They died.

As I write this I am asking myself, what dream has God laid on my heart? What am I allowing to hold me back? Do I trust God? Have I truly surrendered to him? I know the Christian answer is YES I am surrendered. Yes I do trust him. And the truth is I do trust him. At least in my head. But do I live my life that way?

I wondered why God wanted me to write this blog. Now I know.... He is using it to speak into my life!

Till next time...   



  

No comments:

Post a Comment