Friday, May 18, 2012

Day 18

I am running a little behind on the blog as this is for yesterdays reading. I am surprised by how well men are keeping up with the reading. I am hearing from a lot of men that they really like reading the bible this way.

Keep up the good work guys.....

Joshua 23:8 "But you are to hold fast to the Lord your God, as you have until now." 
Joshua 23:10 "One of you routs a thousand, because the Lord your God fights for you, just as he promised."

I understand what this means in this context. The numbers are stacked against them. It is impossible except that God is going before them. They just had to step out in obedience. Hold fast to God.

Do you think this principle still works today? What seemingly impossible odds are you facing? What would happen if You or I stepped out in faith, against the odds, trusting that God is going before us? 

Just a thought.

Till next time...  

1 comment:

  1. Where's day 19? Day 19 was a very interesting reading, Judges 19, I thought I was reading about the Angels of the Lord and Lot... Ruth also a great story, kinda a glimpse of Gentiles becoming saved!

    I love B90X, I will not stop, NO MATTER WHAT!!!!

    Sure hope day 19 gets posted....

    ReplyDelete